Thursday, March 24, 2011

7

My daughter is 7. My little, firstborn, spirited, independent, Kennedy is seven years old today. Time has absolutely flown by.

I laugh at her a million times a day. Either with a face she makes, or a new joke she tells me, or her little voice that says, wassup wassup. She is seriously gangster. In the past year and a half, since she started kindergarten, she has blossomed into such a nice little girl. Don't get me wrong, she still has her moments. She has been known to tell me to back off mom, shutup, *eye roll* I'm running away. Thankfully, those have been fewer and fewer between. She has grown into such a big first grader. My Kennedy who wouldn't look anyone in the eye that she didn't know, now comes into my office and thinks she runs the place. Of course it doesn't help that everyone there calls her "boss", but still. She wants to put patients in rooms, answer the phone, and tell the guys how to modify casts. She's on it.

I can't believe it was seven short years ago I popped her out and she changed my life forever. Some good, some bad. She has made me a different person, and I hope a better one. She is the one that made me a mom, and I am so thankful for that. I tell her every day how lucky I am that God picked me, ME!, to be her mom. I tell her she's pretty darn lucky to have been picked to be my daughter too. I'm a pretty awesome mom if I do say so myself.

I am so proud to call her my daughter. I am so proud of the young woman she is becoming. As much as a control freak as she is, I am happy to see she knows what she wants. She makes my heart smile.

I love you baby girl. Happy seventh birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment